Electric Assisted Vehicles Ltd (EAV) is a sustainable, zero-emissions vehicle manufacturer and technology innovation company based in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, 10 mins from Bicester (major Rail link) and 20 minutes from Oxford.
We believe our business and everyone’s future is powered by people. It’s our mantra.
EAV is committed to a mission of holistic sustainability and business growth through environmental awareness and creative innovation. Our industrious community of talent believe that we’re designing and building a better future for everyone through our collective Transport Futures Vision, a vision which is powered by our people.
Job Description – CAD Designer (Concept Lab)
In this role you will be working within the newly formed EAV Concept Lab – aiding the design and development of new last-mile mobility concepts and products, offering CAD, design and visualisation support to the concept team.
The Concept Lab aims to combine a range of multidisciplinary design processes define the future of EAV products, and subsequently grow EAV’s global image through user-centric, innovative e-mobility solutions and technology within the transport and logistics industry. Developing new products and solutions in coordination with high-profile partners such as DPD, Amazon.
You will be producing real world prototypes of new urban mobility concepts, and you will follow chosen projects right through to design for manufacture phases.
Key role functions:
- Work on a variety of different projects and tasks in a range of product design areas in the EAV concept design department
- Support concept generation for new product ideas, proposing a range of solutions to a given brief
- Create stylish but functional design solutions
- 3D CAD skills using either Autodesk Alias, Solidworks, Rhino (or similar CAD software) for CAD surfacing, product visualisation, prototyping, manufacture.
- Produce functional prototypes of designs using techniques such as 3D printing, CNC machining and vacuum casting
- Ideally ability to create technical drawings
Key Personal Requirements:
- Ideally 2 years+ experience in a product design position
- Proficient in Autodesk Alias, Rhino or Solidworks (or similar CAD software)
- Experience with interior and exterior structural and surface modelling
- Strong knowledge of design for manufacture
- Sound knowledge of processes such as injection moulding, composites.
- Design skills – research,
- Excellent sketch-work and presentation skills
Electric Assisted Vehicles Ltd
- Experience of developing complex mechanical solutions
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Degree in Product Design (or similar relevant degree)
- Ideally experience of the Automotive, Electric Vehicle or e-bike sector
EAV has a Continued Professional Development programme for all our employees, progressing and encouraging ambitions and abilities. All our talented team will have the opportunity to develop their careers within a supportive and dynamic business.
Salary: £ depending on experience
Permanent/full time position – 40 hours per week