Who are EAV?
Electric Assisted Vehicles Ltd (EAV) is a sustainable, zero-emissions vehicle manufacturer and technology innovation company based in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, 10 mins from Bicester (major Rail link) and 20 minutes from Oxford.
We believe our business and everyone’s future is powered by people. It’s our mantra.
EAV is committed to a mission of holistic sustainability and business growth through environmental awareness and creative innovation. Our industrious community of talent believe that we’re designing and building a better future for everyone through our collective Transport Futures Vision, a vision which is powered by our people.
In this role you will be working within the newly formed EAV Concept Lab – aiding the design and development of new last-mile mobility concepts and products, offering CAD, design and visualisation support to the concept team.
You will be producing real world prototypes of new urban mobility concepts, and you will follow chosen projects right through to design for manufacture phases.
- Work within the design team to develop designs within CAD to an automotive standard.
- Work on a variety of different projects in a range of product design areas in the EAV concept design department
- Support concept generation for new product ideas, proposing a range of solutions to a given brief
- Create stylish but functional design solutions
- 3D CAD skills using either Autodesk Alias, Rhino (or similar CAD software) for CAD surfacing, product visualisation, prototyping, manufacture.
- Produce functional prototypes of designs using techniques such as 3D printing, CNC machining and vacuum casting
- The ability to follow technical engineering instruction
Key Personal Requirements:
- Ideally 2 years+ experience in a CAS/CAD design position
- Proficient in Autodesk Alias, Rhino (or similar CAD software)
- Experience with exterior and interior surface modelling
- Strong knowledge of design for manufacture
- Design skills – research, sketching, surface control.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, composites.
- Experience of developing complex mechanical solutions
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Degree in Automotive, Transport or any relevant Industrial Design Degree
- Ideally experience of the Automotive, Electric Vehicle or e-bike sector
- Permanent/full time position
- CPD programme for all employees
- Real potential for progression and career development
- Regular performance reviews
- Sales bonus scheme – individual and team
- On the job training
- Free hot meal provided on site
- Use of gym equipment on site
- Regular team activities
- Salary £25,000 – £35,000
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or click apply below