Who are EAV?
Electric Assisted Vehicles Ltd (EAV) is a sustainable, zero-emissions vehicle manufacturer and technology innovation company based in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire with people and the future at the heart of everything we do.
EAV is committed to a mission of holistic sustainability and business growth through environmental awareness and creative innovation. Our industrious community of talent believe that we’re designing and building a better future for everyone through our collective Transport Futures Vision, a vision which is powered by our people.
We want to make a difference and are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share this vision to join
our fast growing team.
Head of Procurement
- Implement global sourcing strategies to support sales and manufacturing.
- Work closely with procurement team and senior management to develop strategic approach for procurement and build procurement schedule
- Locate, analyse and develop a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future product/service needs.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to meet project timelines, objectives, and cost targets
- Negotiate and manage all critical purchase agreements for key products and services.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, delivery performance and payment terms.
- Implement appropriate sourcing strategies to control company’s purchased costs and to assist adequate and reliable low-cost sources of supply.
- Strive for cost savings opportunities and purchasing goals in line with company targets
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process.
- Develop strategies for assigned procurement products including spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, strategic importance, etc.
- Manage and optimise raw material supplier performance, continuous improvement, innovations, and obsolescence reduction in total cost of ownership.
- Understand and analyse international trade law, duties, taxes and tariffs.
- Manage supply chain risk.
- Where possible manage supply chain to achieve just in time delivery and implement reports and procedures to ensure continual supply of parts across all areas of production
- GDPR Regulations and Compliance – GDPR EU Article 27
- Minimum 5+ years procurement experience ideally within an engineering industry
- Experience managing and growing a team
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Proven leadership experience and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent time management and communication skills
Good attention to detail
- Previous experience developing sourcing strategies and cost forecasting
- To have an enthusiastic understanding of EAV inhouse capability
- Ability to thrive in fast paces working environment
- Well organised and proactive
- Strong communication skills
- Permanent/full time position
- CPD programme for all employees
- Real potential for progression and career development
- Regular performance reviews
- On the job training
- Free hot meal provided on site
- Use of gym equipment on site
- Regular team activities
- Salary £40,000 – £60,000 depending on experience
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below