Who are EAV?
Electric Assisted Vehicles Ltd (EAV) is a sustainable, zero-emissions vehicle manufacturer and technology innovation company based in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire with people and the future at the heart of everything we do.
EAV is committed to a mission of holistic sustainability and business growth through environmental awareness and creative innovation. Our industrious community of talent believe that we’re designing and building a better future for everyone through our collective Transport Futures Vision, a vision which is powered by our people.
We want to make a difference and are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share this vision to join
our fast growing team.
Sourcing/Supply Chain Manager
- To ensure all that all BOM line items are being constantly monitored and reviewed for supply risk and cost guarantee
- Liaising with R & D to ensure the BOM is correct and any changes are noted and updated on the BOM
- To constantly review and improve procurement efficiencies, establishing preferred suppliers, reviewing existing suppliers and ensuring they are the most efficient option and establishing suitable contingency suppliers.
- To be responsible for all warranty and return of items ordered ensuring NCRs are logged and refunds are obtained, chasing and following up if required.
- Taking ownership of supplier relationships and keep constant communication for monthly reporting to the board on risk mitigation.
- To be proactive in chasing and working with Procurement Lead to ensure buffer stock levels are kept at the rate of ramp up volume.
- Making sure end to end order processing is going through MRP for production procurement
- To improve the efficiencies of the ordering system liaising with the stores team to achieve this.
- To work with the R & D team on future production models, working on new supplier chains for new parts that are inherently cheaper by design
- Work closely with the 3D printing department to understand the inflection point of capital expenditure vs part cost for things like injection moulding
- To ensure you have delegated all reordering to the purchasing team once you have established the relevant source and set up the working relationship with the supplier.
- Establish supplier capability and capacity to meet demands of higher volume production
- To put in place 1st and 2nd suppliers for all parts ensuring accurate lead times in line with our production numbers
- Minimum 3+ years sourcing/supply chain experience
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Good organisational skills and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Global sourcing and supply experience
- To have an enthusiastic understanding of EAV inhouse capability
- Ability to thrive in fast paces working environment
- Well organised and proactive
- Strong communication skills
- Permanent/full time position
- CPD programme for all employees
- Real potential for progression and career development
- Regular performance reviews
- On the job training
- Free hot meal provided on site
- Use of gym equipment on site
- Regular team activities
- Salary £30,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below