Who are EAV?
Electric Assisted Vehicles Ltd (EAV) is a sustainable, zero-emissions vehicle manufacturer and technology innovation company based in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire with people and the future at the heart of everything we do.
EAV is committed to a mission of holistic sustainability and business growth through environmental awareness and creative innovation. Our industrious community of talent believe that we’re designing and building a better future for everyone through our collective Transport Futures Vision, a vision which is powered by our people.
We want to make a difference and are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share this vision to join our fast growing team.
- Daily ordering of materials / arranging timely delivery / specification based on supply chain demands.
- Review and develop existing suppliers, negotiate contracts with new suppliers.
- Monitor and improving supplier performance including feedback, reporting, development plans and reviews.
- Provide technical drawings PDFs and step files as and when required
- Work closely with fabrications and sub-contracting
- Focus on reducing cost / negotiating the best deal whilst improving quality and supply.
- Researching new sources of supply for current / prospective projects.
- Assist with supply chain consolidation in line with 5 year plan.
- RFQs (Request for Quotation) – primarily from Technical Operations department to support our customer quotation demand but will also come from other areas of the business.
- Involvement in tender exercises.
- Negotiate optimum terms and conditions.
- Recommending and managing suppliers for contract / supplier agreement / preferred supplier.
- KPIs these will be in line with business objectives and department objectives.
- Cover for the other members of the purchasing team during their annual leave
- Working closely with engineering and production departments ensuring BOM is up to date with current pricing, drawings and technical data
- Organise weekly transport runs, organising the delivery and collection of parts in line with the company production plan and capacities
- Identification of cost savings across the business and streamlining on the purchasing function.
- Completion of reporting, reviewing documentation and purchase order information.
- Complete commercial checks of payment/delivery terms and Terms and Conditions to ensure that the supplier and our client terms are aligned.
- Experience within an engineering / manufacturing background is essential.
- Understanding materials, equipment and services in a related service orientated business
- Proven track record in a commercial engineering environment
- Have a high attention to detail and be extremely organised.
- As a Technical Buyer you will use your technical and commercial awareness to build robust relationships with not only key suppliers, but also that of the internals in Design, Quality and Production teams as you play the pivotal role as the link between the on-site engineers and the vendor / suppliers.
- Strong IT Skills including, but not restricted to, MS Office package,
- Working knowledge of MRP systems ideal but training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to influence
- You must be confident in negotiating with suppliers in off-site face to face meetings.
- There may also be a need to be flexible in your work hours. Some overseas suppliers will potentially have different time zones and you may need to schedule your hours accordingly to be able to accommodate them.
- Experience of technical sourcing to engineering drawings and international sourcing
- Excellent understanding of structured procurement process and systems
- Full Driving Licence and ability to travel
- Permanent/full time position
- CPD programme for all employees
- Real potential for progression and career development
- Regular performance reviews
- On the job training
- Free hot meal provided on site
- Use of gym equipment on site
- Regular team activities
- Salary £30,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or click apply below